Director of Development and Marketing
Position: Director of Development and Marketing
Hours per week: Full time
Pay Rate: DOQ
Reports to: Executive Director
Benefits: Health, Vacation, Holiday, Sick Leave, 401(k) with 4% match beginning in 2020.
Reporting to the Executive Director, work with staff and Development Committee to achieve marketing, development and membership related goals. Develop strategies and tactics to grow the donor base. Research and identify high probability funding opportunities through individual donors, grants and partnerships as well as assist in applying for grants and funding to support SCC programs, operations and facilities. Develop competency using Foundation Search to identify prospects for funding.
This position will help create and implement an overall organizational annual marketing plan to include organization, department level branding and coordination of all external communications. The plan will utilize social media and support electronic needs for all departments. The position will also expand the use of SCC website and use of the CRM software.
A key component of the position is the responsibility to promote, market and assist staff to plan, organize and coordinate fundraising events and support organization wide activities. As a member of the Leadership Team, you will engage as an active, enthusiastic and supporting member of all event committees, conduct high-level relationship management, cultivation, stewardship, solicitation, and negotiate sponsorships and donor relations. Participate in planning, organizing, coordinating large-scale annual fundraising and capital campaign and support smaller department level activities.
The successful candidate will need to be comfortable working in a fun, creative, fast-paced environment, be capable of executing multiple projects and managing competing priorities with minimal supervision.
- Any combination of education, training and/or experience equivalent to completion of a bachelor’s degree with coursework in English, Communications, Marketing, Development, Hospitality, Non-Profit or related field.
- Experience demonstrating success in branding, marketing, development, communications, public relations, project management, or hospitality.
- Experience to develop, plan, organize and execute marketing and development campaigns that include coordinating advertising and other tactics associated with promoting activities of SCC.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be a leader as well as a team player.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to collect and analyze event data and report on outcomes.
- Ability to promote the organization’s value to the community and develop strategies to grow annual membership numbers and class enrollment.
- Knowledge and competency using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Publisher PowerPoint, and Adobe Suite.
- Ability to learn and use NEON Client Relationship Management Data Base.
- Skilled in using social media and local community platforms.
- Build and maintain positive and professional work relationships with organization stakeholders.
- Establish personal networks and participate in professional societies.
- Meet with program staff to develop and implement social media strategies.
- Track usage of various methods of advertising and ensure sufficient advertising for events and classes.
- Detail oriented
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills; professional and personable telephone presence.
- Ability to handle confidential donor/constituency/client information with sensitivity, integrity, and accuracy.
- Ability to pass DOJ Criminal Background Clearance, possession of valid CA Drivers License.
- Ability to be First Aid/CPR/AED Certified and serve as a disaster worker.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, lift 25 pounds and work at a desk on a computer for extended periods of time.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Individual Giving
- Oversees Membership, Individual Giving and manages the Major Donor program
- Conducts cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation of Major Donors
- Manage Individual Giving Program, including writing appeals, fundraising e-mails, acknowledgement letters, and associated materials
- Oversee data collection, tracking, and analysis in CRM to identify trends in donor program
- Facilitate Donor Site Visits. Create and runs donor events in partnership with the leadership team
- Create Annual Report and other donor materials, oversee all graphic design
- Provide oversight to the writing of foundation LOIs, grant proposals and reports
- Develop, and support other giving strategies such as Legacy or Endowment
- Guide Communication Strategy and system for the entire organization, including verbiage, graphic design, web design and digital marketing.
- Help create, monitor, and optimize various digital and social media ads for participant recruitment, donor recruitment, and intern recruitment in partnership with other staff
- Meet with program staff to develop and implement social media strategies
- Conduct outreach to the press and organize regular press coverage of programs and events
- Board Engagement
- Conduct regular Board Development Committee Meetings
- Facilitate one-on-one meetings with Board Members to provide hands-on portfolio management of their contacts
- Cultivate and solicit major gifts, utilizing board members, volunteers, and staff as appropriate.
Submit resume with a cover letter to the attention of the Executive Director at the following address:
Facility Caretaker - Part Time
Position: Facility Caretaker
Hours per week: Part-time postion(s) available, 16 – 24 hrs/wk
Pay Rate: $17.00 – 20.00 per hour, DOE
Reports to: Director of Events
Benefits: Sick Leave for part-time
This position ensures an orderly, efficient and safe environment at the Sonoma Community Center by performing a wide variety of custodial and maintenance duties. Must be willing to work late evening and early morning hours as necessary. Ensures that facilities are structurally sound, mechanically operational and safe. Responsible for the efficient and cost effective operations of the building and related grounds at Sonoma Community Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Takes initiative, is self-motivated to stay busy and maintains a professional appearance
Performs routine and comprehensive custodial maintenance of facility in accordance with established procedures
Ensure sufficient inventories of supplies and equipment for maintenance personnel.
Clean facilities and work areas including rooms and rest rooms.
Maintain progressive maintenance records, inventories, and files
Be responsible for compliance and adherence to such code requirements as:
state and local fire codes, OSHA and other applicable requirements
Reports and responds to emergencies in and around the facility;
Responds to service requests from rental tenant
Implements the setup and take down of furniture and equipment for events
Assists with and performs minor grounds keeping duties
Maintains inventory and submits written requests for supplies
Operates power equipment such as pressure washer, power tools and vehicles;
Troubleshoots and performs maintenance including minor repairs and painting
Oversee and perform long term maintenance projects
Respond to emergency situations; field after-hours emergency calls
Coordinate with Director of Events regarding building use and rentals
Works closely with office staff and rental tenants to ensure customer satisfaction
Other duties as assigned by management.
Maintains valid drivers license
Possesses high school diploma or equivalent
Possess or eligible to complete First Aid, CPR and AED certification
Able to lift up to 35 pounds
Able to stand for eight hours at a time
Able to perform physical labor such as bending, standing, climbing
Able to work safely in an environment with cleaning materials, dust and noise
Understands and carries out oral and written directions
Maintains cooperative working relationship
Demonstrates sensitivity to, and respect for, a diverse population
One year of custodial or building maintenance experience preferred
Background in construction trades desirable
Submit letter of interest that includes experience and skills with availability. Recruitment will remain open until filled.
Questions may be directed to Steve Hagstrom, Events Director at 707-931-4148.
Call for Teaching Artists
Teaching Assistants- Kid's Classes
Energetic, Smiling Volunteer Teaching Assistants Needed for Kid’s Clay Classes.
A genuine interest in art, kids, and community is required. Must be able to lift 30 pounds and use stairs frequently. This is a volunteer position.
Please email [email protected] with a letter of interest, explaining your credentials and what you would bring to the studio experience.
Volunteer Administrative Office Assistant
Administrative Office Assistant Needed for Director of Ceramics, Sonoma Community Center
We are looking for part time assistance in the office- setting up templates and tables in Microsoft Office (Excel & Word); posting flyers; and other organizational admin-oriented tasks. Goal oriented and attention to detail is a must.
Please email [email protected] with a letter of interest, availability, and explain your credentials and interest in the position. Thank you for your interest!