OPEN STUDIO WILL BE CLOSED FEBRUARY 20TH IN OBSERVANCE OF PRESIDENT’S DAY
The Sonoma Community Center’s Ceramics Studio was established in 1994 as an educational space dedicated to the promotion and development of the ceramic arts and the work of clay artists. Our open studio continues to grow to support diverse audiences of a variety of backgrounds.
Sonoma Ceramics provides artists, professionals and visitors with ongoing access to our ceramics studio and benefits including use of studio equipment including cone 10 gas kiln, electric kilns, house-glazes, grinder, slab rollers, extruder, and more; 8 variety of clays available for purchase by the bag; creative and technical assistance from Studio Monitors, Tech, and the Artist in Residence.
Purchase Clay Online (for pickup onsite)
Purchase Pottery Toolkit (for pickup onsite)
SONOMA CERAMICS STAFF
- Meg Billingham, Director of Arts and Ceramics
- (707) 938-4626
- Geil downdraft gas kiln, 24 cu.ft.
- Skutt electric kiln, 11.6 cu.ft. programmable, cone 10
- Skutt electric kiln, 6.4 cu.ft. programmable
- Raku kiln
- Soda kiln
- 16 electric potters wheels
- Peter Pugger
- 30″ Northstar slab roller
- Spray booth 40″ x 30″ x 18″
- Northstar extruder
- 30+ glazes, all made in house
- A variety of colored slips
- Community tools available for use in the studio
- Limited storage space for supplies and work in progress (for studio members only)
- Raw materials lab