Colored Porcelain Magic
Videos will be released on MARCH 10, 2021. Videos are available either for rent ($450, viewable for 90 days) or purchase ($575, lifetime access).
4 FREE ZOOM CONSULTATION SESSIONS WITH INSTRUCTOR WHEN YOU PURCHASE THIS CLASS AND FREE LIFETIME ACCESS TO CHRIS’ PRIVATE FACEBOOK GROUP FOR ARTISTS WORKING IN COLORED CLAY
Registration is open through May 4, 2021 for video access.
Instructor: Chris Campbell
Register now to begin videos, the first Q&A session is on March 24! In this virtual workshop, Chris will open your minds to the wonderful world of colored clays. Working with colored clays means surface design, pattern, and color all occur at the time of making your pottery or sculptural forms.
Many potters do not consider using colored clay in their work as they believe it to be too time-consuming to learn, too difficult to work with, and too expensive to use. These false ideas prevent them from using one of the most flexible and interesting ‘tools’ in the pottery skill set. Chris teaches easy methods of coloring clay and creating secondary colors. Using Chris’ techniques, it is easy to keep a supply of colored clays and slips on hand for any decorative treatments. She teaches students how to color their clay with stains, how to create secondary colors, using the Skinner Method of blending. Students will create canes and patterns, and use these patterns in work using either the pure colored clay or laminating on white clay. Workshops are suitable for all levels of clay experience, but some familiarity with clay will definitely enhance the experience. With registration you receive:
- VIDEOS: The series of 8 videos (about 1 hour each) are pre-recorded and will be released on March 10, 2021. The videos are available for 90 days from March 10 or the day you purchase it if that is after March 10. Watch the videos as many times as you’d like. Click here to preview the video index.
- ZOOM Q&A with CHRIS: We will meet on zoom for live Q&A with Chris on the following dates. You will receive a recording of the Q&A after each one in case you cannot attend:
- Wednesday, March 24, 12pm pacific / 3pm eastern
- Thursday, April 8, 8am pacific / 11am eastern
- Saturday, April 24 10am / 1pm eastern
- Tuesday, May 4, 3pm / 6pm eastern
- LIFETIME ACCESS TO PRIVATE FACEBOOK GROUP: As a participant in this workshop, you get access to Chris’ and all students through her private group.
Please email [email protected] with any questions.
Chris Campbell has been specializing in Colored Porcelain Artwork since 1991 and is recognized internationally for her colored clay work and teaching.
She attended a colored porcelain workshop taught by Jane Pieser, a renowned North Carolina Artist and was instantly captivated by the process and has spent the time since then experimenting with patterns and processes to define her own style. Her beautiful artwork is sold in fine galleries in the United States. Pieces of her work are included in the collections of the SAS Institute and The North Carolina State University in Raleigh, North Carolina. Her work is also in the collection of Clayworks Australia, the manufacturers of Southern Ice Porcelain.