TUESDAYS, APRIL 13, 20 or 27, 2021
4:00-6:00PM PT / 7:00-9:00PM ET
Instructor: Kimiara Johnson
Intrigued by the Barbie Art Exhibit?? Want to learn how to make your own creation? Learn how to make your very own garments for your doll collections or even your smaller stuffed animals and pets! This class will unleash your inspiration and creativity.
Using Instructor designed patterns and hand sewing/glue techniques, students will create their own miniature wardrobe. Students are also encouraged to practice sustainability by using old clothing and fabric pieces. We also invite you to experiment with fabric that represents your culture or self expression in your doll clothes.
Enroll in 1 OR all 3 available lessons:
- April 13: Clothing Inspiration & Fabric Duplication
- Students will be able to discover inspiration for creating doll clothing using a mood board and applying fabric scraps for pattern making and future Barbie wardrobe designs.
- April 20: “Doll Up” Fittings
- In this class, students will learn how to sew, glue and design clothing on their very own Barbie doll.
- April 27: Barbie in Fake Fur & DIY Barbie Doll Clothing Fashion Show
- Create and design their own choice of fur wardrobe under the instructors direction. Students will decide whether they’d like to design a fur coat, scarf, shawl, shirt, etc.
Supply List Available HERE.
$25 per lesson
I’m an international multidisciplinary artist, residing in Arkansas. I’m inspired by many things in early life but designing, doll making crafts and painting have always been my favorites. I participated in Sonoma’s Barbie Reclaimed & Reinvented 2020 and the experience, staff and creativity inspired me even more. While attending college at UAPB, I majored in Human Science but I began teaching art skills in Arkansas at after school programs, and community centers. After graduating college in 2013, I landed a teaching job and started a program for pop up sensory art events. Since then, I’ve expanded to provide art skills at schools and non-traditional settings like crisis clinics, residential centers, etc. I’ve had the pleasure of teaching while providing art skills and sensory activities for individuals with and without disabilities (from infants/toddlers to seniors) across the United States. I enjoy learning new skills and teaching virtually. I absolutely enjoy meeting new students and providing opportunities and resources for their learning and creative purposes. I hope to “meet” you in class!! Join me!! Everyone is welcome!!! I’m so excited to see the art and designs you all create!!!!