- This event has passed.
*September* After-School Arts & Wellness
September 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th from 2:30 pm – 6:00 pm
Ages: Kindergarten to 8th grade
September 7 @ 2:30 pm – 6:00 pm
Click on the button below to register for class now!
This September, in honor of Hispanic Heritage Month we will study the art, food and movement of Mexico, Brazil and the Caribbean. From handmade tortillas to alebrijes, jerk chicken to geometric abstraction, kids will learn traditional and contemporary art forms!
Throughout the semester, our movement class will be Capoeira, A Brazilian martial art form the combines, dance, martial arts and music. Students will not only learn Capoeira, but also the Portuguese language, Brazilian history and Capoeira instruments.
Wednesday After School Arts and Wellness Schedule
- 2:30-3:00 Drop off Back Patio and rm 110
- 3:00-3:45 Activity 1
- 3:45-3:55: Rotate/bathroom break
- 4:00-4:45: Activity 2
- 4:45-4:55: Rotate/bathroom break
- 5:00-5:45: Activity 3
- 5:45-6:00: Pick up Back Patio and rm 110
Drop off and pick up: Back Patio and Rm 110
- Culinary Activity: Rotary Kitchen
- Art Activities: Rm110 & 210
- Movement Activity: Dance Studio
To apply for a scholarship click here.