Mythic Prints: Tomoko Murakami and Brett Grunig
April 19-May 3, 2019
Join us for an experiential exhibit of large scale wood block prints on silk by Tomoko Murakami and original etchings by Brett Grunig. This unique exhibit combines the talents of Sonoma Community Center’s newest printmaking instructors who use traditional printmaking techniques to achieve extraordinary effects. Come and experience this one of a kind exhibit right downtown in Sonoma!
Closing Reception during Sonoma Art Walk Thursday, May 2 from 5:30-7:30 pm with Gallery Talks at 6pm.
Free & open to the public, all ages welcome. A portion of art sales benefits art programming at the Center.
Located on the second floor in Gallery 212, Sonoma Community Center, 276 East Napa Street, Sonoma CA 95476
Sonoma Community Center’s Gallery 212 serves as our Art Gallery, supporting creative exploration in fine art, fiber art, ceramics, theater, movement, music, and sustainable living with rotating art exhibits that highlight the community-based interests of Sonoma Valley. Located on our second floor, the historic room lends itself as a beautiful, spacious, light filled exhibition and event space. You never know what to expect in Gallery 212!
Gallery Exhibits are free and open to the public. Gallery hours and availability are subject to change. Please call ahead to confirm gallery times, 707-938-4626 x1. When art is for sale, a percentage of sales benefit the Sonoma Community Center.
- BARBIE: Reclaimed + Reinvented April 4-12, 2019
- “NEST: Leather + Fiber | a love story” March 7 – 30, 2019
- “ORIGINS,” An Instructor Showcase January 11 – February 7, 2019
- “TRACES,” an exhibition of new porcelain work by Artist in Residence, Claire Thibodeau November 30 – December 15, 2018
- “BRETHREN – Fiber Art Stories of Downtrodden Fellow Tribes” by Jennifer Kim Sohn November 9 – 25, 2018
- “SEW WHAT?” by Mike Acker October 18- 28, 2018
- “RE-COLLECT: recalling Sonoma one year later” September 29 – October 14, 2018
- “CREATED” by Artists at the Center September 4 – 22, 2018