"New Bones" Artist in Residence Jared Peterson's Solo Exhibition
May 10 – June 1, 2019
Opening Reception: Friday May 10, 5:30 – 7:30pm with Gallery Talk at 6pm.
Wrapping up his 6 month residency at the Sonoma Community Center, Peterson will present a new body of work called New Bones. All created at the Center, Peterson’s work explores his hispanic heritage, his West Virginia upbringing, and storytelling with a sense of wise humor with dogs at center stage.
Free & open to the public, all ages welcome. All artwork is for sale and a portion of the sale benefits art programming at the Center.
Located on the second floor in Gallery 212, Sonoma Community Center, 276 East Napa Street, Sonoma CA 95476
Sonoma Community Center’s Gallery 212 serves as our Art Gallery, supporting creative exploration in fine art, fiber art, ceramics, theater, movement, music, and sustainable living with rotating art exhibits that highlight the community-based interests of Sonoma Valley. Located on our second floor, the historic room lends itself as a beautiful, spacious, light filled exhibition and event space. You never know what to expect in Gallery 212!
Gallery Exhibits are free and open to the public. Gallery hours and availability are subject to change. Please call ahead to confirm gallery times, 707-938-4626 x1. When art is for sale, a percentage of sales benefit the Sonoma Community Center.
- “NEW BONES,” Artist in Residence Jared Peterson’s Solo Exhibition May 10 – June 1, 2019
- “MYTHIC PRINTS,” Tomoko Murakami and Brett Grunig April 19-May 3, 2019
- BARBIE: Reclaimed + Reinvented April 4-12, 2019
- “NEST: Leather + Fiber | a love story” March 7 – 30, 2019
- “ORIGINS,” An Instructor Showcase January 11 – February 7, 2019
- “TRACES,” an exhibition of new porcelain work by Artist in Residence, Claire Thibodeau November 30 – December 15, 2018
- “BRETHREN – Fiber Art Stories of Downtrodden Fellow Tribes” by Jennifer Kim Sohn November 9 – 25, 2018
- “SEW WHAT?” by Mike Acker October 18- 28, 2018
- “RE-COLLECT: recalling Sonoma one year later” September 29 – October 14, 2018
- “CREATED” by Artists at the Center September 4 – 22, 2018