August 1 – September 27, 2019
The Sonoma Community Center & Gallery 212 is thrilled to announce its “12-Squared” Exhibition and Fundraiser, open from August 1st and ending with a Closing Reception, September 27th from 5:30-7:30PM. All sales from this first-ever salon-style exhibit will go to supporting Arts at the Center programming.
“This is an authentically inclusive exhibit where all are invited to donate 12”x12” artwork and in return, through purchases by the public, our programming can continue to thrive,” said Kala Stein, director of arts for the Sonoma Community Center. You can expect to see a variety of ceramic pieces, paintings, multimedia projects, mono-prints, and fiber art projects adhering to the 12″x12″ format, made by professional and aspiring artists in our community and beyond.
“The exhibit’s opening is the same night as the annual City Party so it’s the perfect stop before heading to the plaza for a night full of community-centered events,” said Kala Stein. The exhibit will be open Monday-Saturday from 10AM-4PM, August through September and will conclude with a celebration on September 27th from 5:30-7:30PM.
Since this is a rotating exhibit, the Center will be accepting art donations in 2D and 3D media, in person or by mail, from now through September 20, which adhere to a 12”x12” format. Works will be displayed in Gallery 212, the Center’s 700 sq./ft exhibition space. Gallery 212 serves as the Sonoma Community Center’s free art gallery, open to the public for viewing and for rentals. The Gallery’s rotating art exhibits support the creative exploration of the Center’s artistic departments as well as the community-based interests of Sonoma Valley.
For more information about the exhibit and arts education classes at the Sonoma Community Center, please visit sonomacommunitycenter.org, call (707) 938-4626 x1, or visit our office Monday through Friday from 10AM-4PM at 276 East Napa Street in Sonoma.
CALL TO ARTISTS!
Submission Deadline Extended!: September 20th
Detailed Rules and Entry Form: CLICK HERE or visit the Main Office during regular business hours at 276 East Napa Street, Sonoma, CA 95476. Questions can also be answered by calling (707) 938-4626 x1.
Sonoma Community Center’s Gallery 212 serves as our Art Gallery, supporting creative exploration in fine art, fiber art, ceramics, theater, movement, music, and sustainable living with rotating art exhibits that highlight the community-based interests of Sonoma Valley. Located on our second floor, the historic room lends itself as a beautiful, spacious, light filled exhibition and event space. You never know what to expect in Gallery 212!
Gallery Exhibits are free and open to the public. Gallery hours and availability are subject to change. Please call ahead to confirm gallery times, 707-938-4626 x1. When art is for sale, a percentage of sales benefit the Sonoma Community Center.
- “CREATED at the CENTER” Student Showcase June 6 – July 6, 2019
- “NEW BONES,” Artist in Residence Jared Peterson’s Solo Exhibition May 10 – June 1, 2019
- “MYTHIC PRINTS,” Tomoko Murakami and Brett Grunig April 19-May 3, 2019
- BARBIE: Reclaimed + Reinvented April 4-12, 2019
- “NEST: Leather + Fiber | a love story” March 7 – 30, 2019
- “ORIGINS,” An Instructor Showcase January 11 – February 7, 2019
- “TRACES,” an exhibition of new porcelain work by Artist in Residence, Claire Thibodeau November 30 – December 15, 2018
- “BRETHREN – Fiber Art Stories of Downtrodden Fellow Tribes” by Jennifer Kim Sohn November 9 – 25, 2018
- “SEW WHAT?” by Mike Acker October 18- 28, 2018
- “RE-COLLECT: recalling Sonoma one year later” September 29 – October 14, 2018
- “CREATED” by Artists at the Center September 4 – 22, 2018