"12-Squared" in Gallery 212 - Fundraiser and Exhibit
August 1 – September 27, 2019
CALL TO ARTISTS!
Art Submission Deadline: Now – July 27
Entry Fee: There is no fee for art submissions
Number of Entries: 3 donated works of art per person are allowed in this fundraising exhibit. All art will be for sale.
Rules: The Center is accepting donations of creative entries in 2D and 3D media, which adhere to a 12” x 12” format (3D art should have a depth that is no more than 6”). Works can be framed or remain unframed as long as the exterior dimensions are exactly 12” x 12.” Art that is smaller than 12 inches should be mounted to a 12” x 12” board or support. All submissions must be able to hang with a push pin or small nail and will be exhibited as square, rather than diamond, displays in Gallery 212, the Center’s Arts Education gallery.
Who Can Enter: Professional to aspiring artists of all ages.
Submission Delivery: Deliver or Mail your artwork to…
Sonoma Community Center, Gallery 212, 276 East Napa Street, Sonoma, CA 95476
Detailed Rules and Entry Form: CLICK HERE or visit the Main Office during regular business hours at 276 East Napa Street, Sonoma, CA 95476. Questions can also be answered by calling (707) 938-4626 x1.
“This community-wide art expo highlights synergy and the potential of community action” said Kala Stein, Director of Arts for the Sonoma Community Center. “This is an authentically inclusive exhibit where all are invited to donate 12” x 12” artwork and in return, through purchases by the public, our programming can continue to thrive.”
The Center will host an opening reception on August 1st from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. and will offer drinks and hors d’oeuvres. The exhibit will be open Monday – Saturday from 10:00am – 4:00pm August through September with all of the art available for $40 each. Since art will be rotating with each purchase, the gallery will continue to renew itself. The exhibit will conclude with a closing celebration on September 27th from 5:30 – 7:30pm with potentially a completely different exhibit of 12″ x 12″ art!
Sonoma Community Center’s Gallery 212 serves as our Art Gallery, supporting creative exploration in fine art, fiber art, ceramics, theater, movement, music, and sustainable living with rotating art exhibits that highlight the community-based interests of Sonoma Valley. Located on our second floor, the historic room lends itself as a beautiful, spacious, light filled exhibition and event space. You never know what to expect in Gallery 212!
Gallery Exhibits are free and open to the public. Gallery hours and availability are subject to change. Please call ahead to confirm gallery times, 707-938-4626 x1. When art is for sale, a percentage of sales benefit the Sonoma Community Center.
- “CREATED at the CENTER” Student Showcase June 6 – July 6, 2019
- “NEW BONES,” Artist in Residence Jared Peterson’s Solo Exhibition May 10 – June 1, 2019
- “MYTHIC PRINTS,” Tomoko Murakami and Brett Grunig April 19-May 3, 2019
- BARBIE: Reclaimed + Reinvented April 4-12, 2019
- “NEST: Leather + Fiber | a love story” March 7 – 30, 2019
- “ORIGINS,” An Instructor Showcase January 11 – February 7, 2019
- “TRACES,” an exhibition of new porcelain work by Artist in Residence, Claire Thibodeau November 30 – December 15, 2018
- “BRETHREN – Fiber Art Stories of Downtrodden Fellow Tribes” by Jennifer Kim Sohn November 9 – 25, 2018
- “SEW WHAT?” by Mike Acker October 18- 28, 2018
- “RE-COLLECT: recalling Sonoma one year later” September 29 – October 14, 2018
- “CREATED” by Artists at the Center September 4 – 22, 2018