OCT 7 – DEC 16, 2019 (Individual Sessions)
Instructor: Elizabeth Calabro
Is there something about knitting that you have wanted to learn or practice again? If you are Beginner, this is the place for you to become more confident in your skills. If you are a more advanced knitter, perhaps you just need a refresher or are curious about how to do something differently. Register for the workshops that best meet your needs. Some modules require pre-homework and all include knit practice time.
- Oct 7: Basics for the beginner- Cast-on, knit and purl.
- Oct 14: Methods of Increasing & Decreasing, Cast-off – (Washcloth projects)
- Oct 21: Reading patterns- understanding how to read a written pattern and knit resources
- Nov 4: Tips and Tricks to Troubleshoot and Prevent Errors. Reading your work and stitch structure. (Pre-class homework)
- Nov18: Seam finishing and Blocking (pre-class homework)
- Nov 25: Rib stitches- ribbed cowl
- Dec 2: Cables
- Dec 9: German Short Row- Butterfly Cowl Part 1
- Dec 16: Butterfly Cowl Part 2
$40 per class
Elizabeth Calabro has been a Home Economics and Computer Technology Educator for 34 years, retired now, but on to a rewarding career in Hypnotherapy & Emotional Freedom Technique and author of Tapping for Teachers. She’s an avid craftsperson since the age of 10, and Certified as a Craft Yarn Council knitting instructor in 2007, although she has taught many prior to that. Her SeamlesslySimpleknit.com children’s garment patterns are available on Ravelry.