1st & 3rd WEDNESDAYS 6:30-9:00PM
SEP 5 – DEC 19, 2018 (No class NOV 21)
Instructor: Pia Andersson
Learn for the first time or brush up on your basic sewing skills so that you can sew with confidence and ease. Each class we will focus on a new skill and break it down for anyone to understand. All materials provided with an optional small project to be completed in each class. Come jump on in and learn!
- SEP 5: Conquer the Sewing Machine – learn the basics of the sewing machine / troubleshooting and never be afraid of the machine again.
- SEP 19: Seams & Darts – be in charge of fusing fabric together.
- OCT 3: Buttons, Buttonholes, & Snaps – learn to make these fasteners a close friend.
- OCT 17: Hems by Hand or Machine – shhhh! the secret to a well sewn garment.
- NOV 7: Pattern Positivity – we are demystifying the sewing pattern and using it to our benefit.
- DEC 5: Garmet Cutting with a Pattern – conquering our garments and cutting them down to size!
- DEC 19: No-Sweat Zippers (invisible and regular) – we are taking the bite out of these teeth.
Enroll today! Register 3 weeks early and get 10% off the listed price of your class.
$50 per class
$45 per class members
Young Teen & Adult
To register for this class please call (707) 938-4626 x1
Pia Andersson has a master’s degree in Textile Arts and Textile Engineering from Sweden and has taught textile techniques (with a focus on machine and hand sewing) to children and adults in Marin and in Sweden. She has also worked for many years in commercial textile product development. She has a passion for bringing out people’s creativity and crafting artful communities.