Our Mission: Cultivate a vibrant community through extraordinary creative, cultural, and learning experiences.
The Sonoma Community Center is a member-supported, not-for-profit organization since 1953, and is housed on the campus of the historic Sonoma Grammar School.
For over six decades, the Center has worked to inspire creative expression and enhance quality of life by bringing world class programming to the Valley of the Moon, and to preserve and restore our grand, historic building. The Center’s campus was built in 1916 and resides just two blocks east of the historic Sonoma plaza.
Our Vision: Be THE CENTER for diverse communities to connect, create, and thrive through world-class programming and experiences.
The Sonoma Community Center’s Core Values:
- Community: Build a vital community resource through creativity and multicultural individual and shared experiences.
- Innovation: Adapt continually to changing conditions, opportunities, and needs of the community.
- Creativity: Deliver opportunities for exploration and expression through art and culture valued by the community.
- Inclusion: Foster a welcoming environment for quality programs and services that support equality, diversity, and accessibility.
- Leadership: Cultivate effective leaders and create collaborations for positive community impact.
These are some of the current ways the Center serves the community:
- Fiber Arts
- AA Meetings
- Health and Wellness
- Lectures, Classes, Workshops, and Seminars
COMMUNITY CENTERED EVENTS
- Thanksgiving Dinner
- Weddings and Parties
- Come As You Art
- Day of the Dead
- Game Night Date
- Night Trashion Fashion
- Blood Drives
- Community Garage Sales
- Affordable Rental Space
The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls
Education is the most powerful tool which you can use to change the world.
We do better together, not alone. We need to play together to feel alive. We need to share together to feel whole.
If you hear a voice within you say, 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.
Vincent Van Gogh
Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself.