- What data do we collect, and how do we collect it?
- How will we use the information you provide to us?
- How do we store and protect your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies and how do we use them?
- How can you access and correct your information?
- Do we disclose information to outside parties?
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
This policy will outline what data we collect from users, how we use that data, how we store it, as well as your rights as they relate to data collection, use of information collected about you, and revoking consent to our organization using such data.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us through the contact information provided below.
What data do we collect, and how do we collect it?
When you visit our website, you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose, which is collected on an individual basis, and website use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse our website. When you sign up to receive our newsletter, register to volunteer, register for a class or event, make an online donation, or register to bid in our online auction, we ask you to provide us with any or all of the following personal information:
- Personal identification information (name, email address, phone number, mailing address, etc.)
- Information about a donation made by you to the organization (amount, payment method, donation date, and designated purpose)
Similar to other websites, our site may also utilize a standard technology called “cookies” and web server logs to collect information about how our website is used. We likewise employ Google Analytics to collect similar information using cookies. Information gathered through cookies and Google Analytics may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our website, and the sites visited just before and just after ours. This information is collected on an aggregate basis. None of this information is associated with you as an individual. More information about Google Analytics can be found here. More information about cookies is provided below.
How will we use the information you provide to us?
The Sonoma Community Center uses your personal data as well as aggregate website use data so that we can:
- Appropriately process and follow up on transactions that you make through our website and/or fundraising pages – including a donation, auction bid or purchase, registration to volunteer, participate in a class or event, or receive a newsletter subscription.
- Send you our monthly newsletter and occasional other emails or updates relevant to your interest(s) in our organization.
- Improve our website.
When the Sonoma Community Center processes your class or event payment, donation or auction purchase, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent charges to your card.
Data that you provide when you make a donation, make an auction purchase or subscribe to our newsletter will be processed through our third-party fundraising platforms, NeonOne and/or GiveSmart, as well as our merchant account and credit card processors, Dharma Merchant Services, Authorize.net, PayPal, Square, Stripe and Card Connect. Data that you provide when you register to volunteer is processed through a Google form. More information about these platforms’ privacy and data security policies can be found below, under “Privacy Policies of Other Websites.” The Sonoma Community Center does not share your data with other organizations or companies, and does not publicize donor names, unless express permission is given to do so.
How do we store and protect your data?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your data, and partner with fundraising platforms (NeonOne and GiveSmart) and an online credit card processors outlined above which have robust data security protocols in place. These partners adhere to PCI-DSS industry standards for information security to ensure the security of your personal data, including best-in-class encryption methods, restricted access to secure servers, and secure data retention and disposal practices. The Form we use to collect volunteer registrations is connected to our secure Customer Relations Management System, NeonOne.
For more information about these third parties’ privacy and security protocols, please review their privacy policies. Links are provided below, under ‘Privacy Policies of Other Websites.’
The Sonoma Community Center may store your contact information on our secure Google Drive, in a folder accessible only to Development Department staff. We do not store your credit card information, either electronically or in hard copy. See third party platform security protocols.
The Sonoma Community Center sends out online newsletters, in addition to occasional invitations to events and other happenings at the Center. We also send out communications about our online auctions. If you have agreed to receive these messages, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop the Sonoma Community Center from contacting you. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and other messages, please contact us at the email and phone number provided below, or unsubscribe via the link in the newsletter.
What are your data protection rights?
The Sonoma Community Center wants to make sure you are fully aware of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – you have the right to request the Center to provide you with a copy of your personal data.
- The right to rectification – you have the right to request that the Center correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request the Center to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – you have the right to request that the Center erase your personal data. However, this does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- The right to restrict processing – you have the right to request that the Center restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – you have the right to object to our company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – you have the right to request that our company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- A right to revoke consent at any time. If consent is revoked, it will limit access to our platforms.
What are cookies and how do we use them?
How can you access and correct your information?
You may at any time request access to your personal information that we have collected online and maintain in our database, by emailing us at the address provided below.
Do we disclose information to outside parties?
We may occasionally provide aggregate information about our website traffic, donors, and newsletter subscription rates to our funders. However, this information will never include personally identifiable data. We do not share or sell personal data to third parties.
We may disclose information when legally compelled to do so – in other words, when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights.
Privacy policies of other websites
The Sonoma Community Center maintains an active presence on Facebook and Instagram. Both platforms actively collect a variety of user data. We encourage you to review their respective privacy policies: Facebook’s policy can be found here, and Instagram’s can be found here.
How to contact us