Position: Facility Caretaker
Hours per week: Part-time postion(s) available, 16 – 24 hrs/wk
Pay Rate: $17.00 – 20.00 per hour, DOE
Reports to: Director of Operations
Benefits: Paid Sick Leave, 401(k) Safe Harbor Plan with 4% Company Match
This position ensures an orderly, efficient and safe environment at the Sonoma Community Center by performing a wide variety of custodial and maintenance duties. Must be willing to work late evening and early morning hours as necessary. Ensures that facilities are structurally sound, mechanically operational and safe. Responsible for the efficient and cost effective operations of the building and related grounds at Sonoma Community Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Takes initiative, is self-motivated to stay busy and maintains a professional appearance
- Performs routine and comprehensive custodial maintenance of facility in accordance with established procedures
- Ensure sufficient inventories of supplies and equipment for maintenance personnel.
- Clean facilities and work areas including rooms and rest rooms.
- Maintain progressive maintenance records, inventories, and files
- Be responsible for compliance and adherence to such code requirements as:state and local fire codes, OSHA and other applicable requirements
- Reports and responds to emergencies in and around the facility;
- Responds to service requests from rental tenant
- Implements the setup and take down of furniture and equipment for events
- Assists with and performs minor grounds keeping duties
- Maintains inventory and submits written requests for supplies
- Operates power equipment such as pressure washer, power tools and vehicles;
- Troubleshoots and performs maintenance including minor repairs and painting
- Oversee and perform long term maintenance projects
- Respond to emergency situations; field after-hours emergency calls
- Coordinate with Director of Operations regarding building use and rentals
- Works closely with office staff and rental tenants to ensure customer satisfaction
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Maintains valid drivers license
- Possesses high school diploma or equivalent
- Possess or eligible to complete First Aid, CPR and AED certification
- Able to lift up to 75 pounds
- Able to stand for eight hours at a time
- Able to perform physical labor such as bending, standing, climbing
- Able to work safely in an environment with cleaning materials, dust and noise
- Understands and carries out oral and written directions
- Maintains cooperative working relationship
- Demonstrates sensitivity to, and respect for, a diverse population
- One year of custodial or building maintenance experience preferred
- Background in construction trades desirable
Submit letter of interest that includes experience and skills with availability. Recruitment will remain open until filled.
Questions may be directed to John Gurney, Executive Director at 707-931-4166.