Fine Art of DIEGOMARCIALRIOS
VIRTUAL TOUR AND ARTIST TALK: Monday, Oct. 5th @ 5:30pm
EXHIBITION: OCT 5 – NOV 2, 2020
Dia de los Muertos returns to the Center with the Art of Diego Rios.
Ancient myths and legends intermingle with today’s issues to inspire the intricate art of Diego Marcial Rios. This exhibition showcases his explosions of color and texture in masks, and woodcuts. Inspired by Latin history including Aztec and Mayan symbols, Rios celebrates life, explores death, and confronts social and economic justice relevant today.
Join Rios as he explores the cultural relevancy and history to his work, Monday, Oct 5th at 5:30pm. A Zoom link will be shared on this page.
And sign up for his Dia de los Muertos classes being offered in October
Rios is an artist of proud Mexican American Heritage. He has been professionally showing his artwork both internationally and nationally for about 30 years time. Rios’ artwork has been included in over 500 exhibitions from Japan to Bulgaria. His artwork is in many permanent museum and public art collections in the USA and abroad. Rios’ has also illustrated many books and periodicals. There have been several brief documentaries that have focused on the life and artwork of Diego Marcial Rios. To see the latest documentary go to Vimeo or Youtube and search ” Diego Marcial Rios”.
Do not let the world get you down! Stand up everyday and do some artwork! VIVA ARTE!!!
Sonoma Community Center’s Gallery 212 serves as our Art Gallery, supporting creative exploration in fine art, fiber art, ceramics, theater, movement, music, and sustainable living with rotating art exhibits that highlight the community-based interests of Sonoma Valley. Located on our second floor, the historic room lends itself as a beautiful, spacious, light filled exhibition and event space. You never know what to expect in Gallery 212!
Gallery Exhibits are free and open to the public. Gallery hours and availability are subject to change. Please call ahead to confirm gallery times, 707-938-4626 x1. When art is for sale, a percentage of sales benefit the Sonoma Community Center.
- MAXWELL MUSTARDO: Voluminous Mute June 13-27, 2020
- JEN COLE: A Life In Prints March 5 – 28, 2020
- CREATED AT THE CENTER: Chili Bowl Express Exhibit February 6 – 22, 2020
- INFLUENCES & ORIGINS: An Instructor Showcase January 10 – February 1, 2020
- TWO TONE: Seong Weon Joanne Lee, Ceramics Resident Artist Exhibition November 22 – December 14, 2019
- “THE HARRANIA TAPESTRIES: An Accomplishment in Creativity” November 7 – 17, 2019
- “THE COLORS OF THE DEATH” by Ernesto Hernandez-Olmos October 3 – November 2, 2019
- “12-SQUARED” Exhibition and Fundraiser August 1 – September 27, 2019
- “CREATED at the CENTER” Student Showcase June 6 – July 6, 2019
- “NEW BONES,” Artist in Residence Jared Peterson’s Solo Exhibition May 10 – June 1, 2019
- “MYTHIC PRINTS,” Tomoko Murakami and Brett Grunig April 19-May 3, 2019
- BARBIE: Reclaimed + Reinvented April 4-12, 2019
- “NEST: Leather + Fiber | a love story” March 7 – 30, 2019
- “ORIGINS,” An Instructor Showcase January 11 – February 7, 2019
- “TRACES,” an exhibition of new porcelain work by Artist in Residence, Claire Thibodeau November 30 – December 15, 2018
- “BRETHREN – Fiber Art Stories of Downtrodden Fellow Tribes” by Jennifer Kim Sohn November 9 – 25, 2018
- “SEW WHAT?” by Mike Acker October 18- 28, 2018
- “RE-COLLECT: recalling Sonoma one year later” September 29 – October 14, 2018
- “CREATED” by Artists at the Center September 4 – 22, 2018